Hoping for a lower gear on a SRAM AXS 12 speed road groupset? With SRAM’s new “Max” Red AXS rear derailleur and cassette you can now run a 36T low gear which can be matched with the appropriate RED or FORCE level AXS components for 1X or 2X gearing for your road or gravel bike.
Notes from SRAM’s press release:
- X-Range gearing technology gives you more range and a smoother gear progression
- For use with XG-1270 10-36T cassette for maximum range (more on that below)
- Compatible with cassettes from 10-28T to 10-36T
- 1x or 2x
- SRAM AXS enabled
- Orbit chain management technology keeps drivetrain quiet and the chain on.
- Large X-SYNC pulleys and ceramic bearings.
- Compatible with existing eTap batteries.
- MSRP $710.00
SRAM XG-1270 cassettes now have a nickel-chrome finish
Also announced was a new XG-1270 cassette range with a shiny new finish. The new SRAM Force XG-1270 cassettes will come with a nickel-chrome finish and in ranges including; 10-28, 10-33, and 10-36. All will be priced at $185.00.