Ratio’s new 1×12 road upgrade kit allows you to pair 10 or 11 speed mechanical SRAM shifters and a 1x-specific Exact Actuation™ derailleur with a 12 speed eTap™ AXS™ cassette and chain. With it you can gain all the advantages of greater gear range and closer gear ratios without the expense or weight of electronic shifting.
The Ratio 1×12 Road Upgrade Kit allows you to operate a SRAM eTap™ AXS™12 speed cassette and chain with your existing SRAM road 10 or 11 speed shifters and 1x-specific Exact Actuation™ derailleur.
Using a 1×12 Road kit gives you following advantages:
- Greater gear range and/or closer gear ratios than 11 speed
- Lower cost than wireless electronic. Save $1800 on a Force™ build; $800 saving on a Rival™ build
- Lower weight. Save 160g on a Force™ build; 220g on a Rival™ build
- No batteries to keep charged
- The reliability and serviceability of mechanical shifting
In your kit you will find:
- Ratio 1×12 Road ratchet, with shift spacing specially designed for AXS™ 12 speed cassettes
- Ratio 12 tooth jockey wheels with stainless Enduro bearings and labyrinth seals, specifically designed for AXS™ Flattop™ 12 speed chains
- M2.5 screw for shifter ratchet replacement
- Ratio chainstay sticker
To use this kit you will need:
- SRAM 10 or 11 speed road shifters. If using 10 speed shifters you will also need a cable spool available separately here
- SRAM 1x derailleur from the Force 1™, Rival 1™ or Apex 1™ groups
- A SRAM 12 speed eTap™ AXS™ 12 speed cassette from the Red™, Force™ or Rival™ groups
- A SRAM 12 speed eTap™ AXS™ 12 speed chain from the Red™, Force™ or Rival™ groups
- A chainring compatible with the 1×12 speed eTap™ AXS™ groups
- An XDR™ freehub.
Here’s a quick look at the install process
The kit is $99 direct from Ratio