I’ve been testing out some products from Osmo Nutrition all summer (review incoming) and its hydration and recovery drink mixes have been keeping me fresh and fast on the bike. Now, Osmo has introduced a new chocolate Rapid Recovery drink mix.
While the vanilla has treated me well, I’ve always preferred chocolate flavored supplements, so I’m excited to give this a go.
Here’s the release from Osmo Nutrition:
The “Golden Window” To Rapid Muscle Recovery: OSMO Nutrition Introduces Rapid Recovery Drink Mix
Train Hard and recover fast with OSMO Proprietary Rapid Recovery Mix
Recover quickly and efficiently with Osmo Rapid Recovery. Developed to be easily dissolvable while still giving you the same post-workout benefits, Osmo Rapid Recovery provides a full-body refuel in a single beverage.
Each component of the new formula has been selected by Osmo to achieve specific goals in aiding athlete recovery during the all-important “Golden Window”, which is the acute recovery phase immediately following exercise. During this time our bodies are primed to uptake glucose and protein, allowing maximal muscle adaptation and repair, optimized recovery, and accelerated glycogen replenishment. This is why getting in the right post-exercise nutrition is critical to maximizing performance.
Based on peer-reviewed science, Rapid Recovery was formulated as a one-stop post-workout beverage, with a unique combination of complete proteins, easily-digested carbohydrates, and caffeine from green tea to promote muscle repair and boost glycogen replenishment.
- Rapid Recovery uses two proteins proven to halt muscular breakdown post-workout. Whey is a fast-acting protein while casein is longer-lasting. The combination is highly effective, as fatigued muscles have both immediate and long-lasting access to amino acids (the building blocks of protein) to stimulate repair and growth.
- The addition of simple carbohydrates maximizes muscle glycogen replenishment, promotes muscle growth and reduces muscle soreness, helping you to come back stronger and fresher for your next workout.
- The small amount of caffeine with carbohydrates and protein has been shown to accelerate glycogen resynthesis by 66% over carbohydrates and protein alone.
Drink Rapid Recovery within 30 minutes of finishing exercise to maximize the benefits of your workout and nurture your body. Mix it with water or your choice of milk for a delicious recovery drink.
Key Benefits of Ending a Workout with Rapid Recovery
- Accelerates glycogen restoration
- Enables muscle repair
- Helps the body adapt to exercise and become stronger over time
- MSRP: $35
Learn more about Osmo Rapid Recovery at https://osmonutrition.com/product/rapid-recovery/.