Leave your measly 2.1″ 650b tires at home, because the new Open WI.DE. will accept up to 2.4″ of rubber so you can get over the most demanding terrain. The WI.DE. is built for everything from bikepacking to plain all-around fun. The secret sauce is the double-drop chainstays which allows for more clearance and optimizes the WI.DE. for 1x drivetrains.
“The WI.DE. drops both chainstays, creating a very efficient box structure for the monostay behind the BB. This increases BB stiffness, reduces weight and squeezes even more tire clearance out of the frame. In addition, the WI.DE. is optimized for 1x drivetrains only, which further helps tire clearance.” — Gerard Vroomen, Open Co-founder
The Open WI.DE. is 1x only and the featured Force eTap AXS builds are solid mullet builds with a mixture of MTB and road eTap components.
Open WI.DE. Features:
- Double-dropped chainstays for added clearance
- 1x drivetrains only (mechanical or electronic)
- Optimized for 700x35mm to 2.4″x650b tires
- Taller headtube for slightly more upright fit (and for gnarly terrain)
- Toolbox mount under BB
- Smartmount 160 adapterless flat mounts (huzzah)
- Nimble handling
- Weight: 1040 grams (medium frame, stated)
- MSRP: $3200