The new Specialized Chisel LTD frameset comes in four different paint jobs each inspired by the elements. Each frame comes with a collector’s book that showcases the art, words, and inspiration for the Decay series.
- The Chisel LTD frameset is being offered in four unique, limited-edition designs–Earth, Air, Fire, and Water–and each one comes with a premium collector’s book that showcases the art, words, and inspiration for the Disrupt the Decay series from the designers.
- The subdued colors on the Earth frame are inspired by the ceramic-like tones and textures of the desert landscape interrupted with a digital glitch effect, creating a gap in the information. The glitch appears on areas of the seatstay and the collage photography of the seat tube.
- The luminous wash on the Air frame symbolizes the fog rolling over the hills off the Pacific colliding with Silicon Valley. Just as the fog envelopes you in the natural world, the digital world can also envelope you in its technicolor infinity, which is represented in the colorful and glitch-filled logos.
- Fire can be overwhelming and creates a barrier, with only small gaps between the flames to pass through. Similarly, digital firewalls are a barrier, only allowing small pieces of data to pass through. Reflective foil pieces under red tint on the Fire frame represent data passing through, while the Chisel graphic on the seat tube melts from the heat of fire.
- The flowing layers of color on the Water frame are inspired by the shifting blues of Icelandic lakes. This flow also takes place in the digital world through the binary code of 1’s and 0’s. Binary 1’s and 0’s create the Specialized downtube logo and the S head tube badge. When translated to English, the binary reads “Nature Digital Nature Digital. . .” over and over again.
- The Chisel’s all-new frame utilizes our D’Aluisio Smartweld technology that moves the hydroformed tube joints away from the areas of the highest stress, making the finished frame’s balance of strength, rigidity, and weight more pronounced than any alloy frame in history. This not only makes the Chisel one of the lightest alloy hardtail frames coming in as light as 1,400g, but it also allows for tuned frame stiffness across all sizes.