Ritchey’s new Ultra mountain bike frameset is full of brand heritage, starting witha red, white and blue fade. The frame is designed for either a 120mm suspension fork or a 500mm A-T-C fork. A great mix of old school and new. The limited edition Ritchey Ultra frames are going for $999 at Ritchey.
When Tom first designed the Ultra he knew it would appeal to riders who demand specific ride characteristics and dirt-slaying only he could deliver – and that was in the 1980s! Good design withstands the test of time, and the latest iteration of the Ultra is a prime example. Like its predecessor from 30 years prior, the new Ultra occupies a unique ride space from cross-country riders looking to get rowdy and go big to enduro riders lusting for some all-mountain shredding.
In homage to all of the great racers to have won upon Ritchey bicycles over the years, we introduce the Ultra Team Edition. Wrapped in the legendary red, white and blue paint, the Ultra Team Edition draws inspiration from these past winners while inspiring legions of modern mountain bikers around the world. Designed around a 120mm travel fork and super stable Boost 148 spacing, most of the fun is in the wheels. Designed to accommodate 29” or 27.5” wheels, the Ultra is highly versatile. Throw on some 29s for some trail-smashing XC riding, or saddle up some 27.5+ for some serious no-holds-barred shredding. The Ultra is a rough and rugged trail master that doesn’t know when to quit.
Ritchey Ultra Specifications
- Material: heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing – TIG welded
- Optimized for 120mm suspension travel fork or 500mm axle-crown rigid fork
- Ultra-light forged and machined tapered head tube
- Headset: integrated – 1.5” tapered
- Headset upper bearing: 41.8mm OD / IS42/28.6 (S.H.I.S.)
- Headset lower bearing: 52mm OD / IS52/40 (S.H.I.S.)
- BOOST 148mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
- Replaceable stainless-steel derailleur hanger
- 30.9mm seat tube with stealth dropper routing and replaceable seat collar
- Front derailleur clamp size: 34.9mm (max torque setting: 2.5Nm) – not included
- Bottom bracket: 73mm – English threaded
- Designed for 1X or 2X chainrings (Side Swing front derailleur required for double)
- BOOST cranks must be used for proper 52mm chainline
- Crankset maximum ring size: 38T single – 26/36T double
- Fits up to 27.5 x 2.8” or 29 x 2.4” tires (depending on tire/rim manufacturer)
- Post-mount rear brake: 160mm (180mm max – adaptors available separately)
- External cable routing
- Sizes: S (15″) / M (17″) / L (19″) / XL (20.5″)
- Weight: 2.57kg (L/19″)
- Color: Team Edition Red/White/Blue Fade