The Poseidon X is an intriguing bike. It’s an aluminum cyclocross/gravel bike with a carbon fork, 4 bottle cage bosses and room for 700×40 and 650bx1.9″ tires. Built with a Shimano 2x drivetrain, the bike demands just $599.
That Shimano Claris drivetrain and Tektro mechanical disc brake combo is cool, and a steal for just under $600. But what really caught my eye is the limited edition Apex 1 Poseidon X.
Sure, this version of the Poseidon X demands a good bit more money. At $1,399, it’s more than double the original Poseidon X’s price, but what you get for that money is pretty amazing.
The build includes; WTB 650b tubeless wheels and WTB 42mm Resolute tires and a SRAM 1×11 Apex drivetrain.
- FRAME- POSEIDON X
- SHIFTERS- SRAM APEX 1
- CRANKSET- SRAM APEX 1 42T
- BOTTOM BRACKET- SRAM GXP
- REAR DERAILLEUR- SRAM APEX 1
- CASSETTE- MICROSHIFT 11-42T
- CHAIN- SRAM 11 SPEED CHAIN
- STEM- DIMENSION STEM
- SEAT POST- DIMENSION 2 BOLT
- SADDLE- WTB VOLT
- HANDLEBARS- SALSA COWCHIPPER
- WHEELSET- SRAM 650B TUBELESS COMPATIBLE
- TIRES- WTB RESOLUTE 42 TUBELESS COMPATIBLE
- BRAKES- TRP SPYRE FLAT MOUNT
- ROTOR- SHIMANO 6 BOLT
- CABLES AND HOUSING- JAGWIRE
- BOTTLE BOSSES- Small (3), Med-XL (4)
If you’re not interested in either the Shimano Claris or special SRAM Apex builds, you can also grab a frameset from Poseidon. The frameset includes the aluminum frame, a carbon fork with tapered alloy steerer and headset, for just $350.