Easton is rolling out the next addition to the AX line today, by adding a top of the line version of their AX aluminum wheels with the new EA90 AX Disc.
The wheelset starts with a tubeless ready aluminum rim with an asymmetric rim bed for balanced spoke tension and increased durability. Notably the AX offers a nice wide gravel-ready inner width at 25mm. Outside, the rim measures 29mm and has a 21mm depth.
The EA90 AX wheelset will be offered only in 700c and the wheels feature a 24 spoke build with Sapim straight pull double butted spokes in a 3x pattern. The wheel is built around the Easton Vault Road Centerlock hub which offer 60 point, 6 ° engagement and 12mm thru axle compatibility.
Weighing in at 1625g for the set, the wheelset will run $799.99 with tape and valves.
EA90 AX Spec:
- WHEEL WEIGHT – 1625 g
- FINISH – BLACK ANODIZED / VINYL DECALS
- TYPE – TUBELESS READY ALUMINUM CLINCHER
- RIM MATERIAL – EA90 ALUMINUM
- RIM DIAMETER – 700c
- RIM DEPTH – 21MM
- INTERNAL RIM WIDTH – 25MM
- EXTERNAL RIM WIDTH – 29 MM
- SPOKES – SAPIM STRAIGHT-PULL DOUBLE BUTTED
- SPOKE PATTERN – 24 / 3X
- DISC COMPATIBILITY – CENTER LOCK ROTOR MOUNT
- NIPPLE TYPE – DT EXTERNAL ALLOY
- FRONT/REAR HUB – EASTON VAULT CENTER-LOCK 12X100 / 12X142*
- ENGAGEMENT – 60 POINT, 6 °
- BEARING TYPE – SEALED CARTRIDGE BEARINGS
- FREEHUB COMPATIBILITY – SHIMANO, XDR, CAMPAGNOLO**
- *CONVERTIBLE TO ALL MAJOR AXLE STANDARDS WITH TOOL FREE ENDCAPS
- **CONVERTIBLE WITH TOOL FREE REMOVAL