How I would love to send my kids off to school on one of these in the future! Funny blooper at 2:20 in the video – ”or, double up on blood bottles, for those long summer days”. Youth team Cofidis?
woom bikes, the fastest-growing kids’ bike brand in North America, today launches the woom NOW, a lightweight urban commuter and cargo-bike hybrid, built specifically for kids. The woom NOW is a fully loaded, highly versatile bike with a new take on frame architecture – dubbed the “cycle truck” — and is packed with special features. The bike itself has already won three design awards for 2022: the Red Dot Design Award, the Taipei Bicycle Award and the Design & Innovation Award. The woom NOW will be unveiled in-person in the United States at the Life Time Sea Otter Classic, April 7-10, where woom is exhibiting at booth S100, and is also the official Kids’ Bike Manufacturer of the event. Simultaneously, it will make its European debut at Velo Berlin April 9-10.
Enabling unique functionalities for everything from daily urban commuting to weekend bikepacking adventures, the woom NOW combines an integrated front rack with a smaller front wheel. This feature not only offers a unique, striking design, but also makes for a safe and stable ride when carrying heavy loads, promotes easier bike handling, and enables a higher carrying capacity overall. Like all woom bikes, the woom NOW is tailored precisely to the specific needs and anatomy of children. It features a relaxed geometry, with upright seating for a good traffic overview, combined with a cruiser-style riding experience. Its host of key street-ready features and accessories include:
- A foldable front rack with removable inlay, perfect for transporting heavy school bags, recreational equipment, and more
- Frame space optimized for additional bags or accessories, for even greater storage capacity
- An integrated frame bag with magnetic closure
- Dual accessory mounts on front rack
- A center-mounted kickstand for stable bike parking and cargo loading
- Flat mount hydraulic disc brakes
- Integrated lighting powered by dynamo hub when bike is in motion
- Twist-grip bell and grip-shifters
- Durable fenders for riding in all weather conditions
- Cobblestone-ready extra-wide tires
- A Microshift eight-speed gear system with a narrow-wide chainring
“woom customers have been requesting a bike that was tailored to the day-to-day mobility needs of their kids, and we responded with the woom NOW,” says Matthias Leite-Gürtner, the head of the woom Product Design team. “We designed a cool bike for the city that lets kids easily get where they need to go by bike, even when they’ve got a backpack, groceries or a gym bag.”
Perfect for those kids and families who are always on the go, the woom NOW is the ideal vehicle for an urban lifestyle – and its light weight and high-quality construction make it easy to use and fun to ride.
The woom NOW is offered in three sizes:
- woom NOW 4 (20-inch/16-inch wheels) | Child: 6-8 years old, or 45-51 inches tall- MSRP $749
- woom NOW 5 (24-inch/20-inch wheels) | Child: 7-11 years old, or 49-57 inches tall – MSRP $799
- woom NOW 6 (26-inch/20-inch wheels) | Child: 10-14 years old, 55-65 inches tall – MSRP $849
All models are available now at us.woombikes.com.