New York City is pretty much pancake flat. But anything is possible in the future, right? How about KOMs paved in glass? Zwift has a vision for the city in 2118 and you can ride through it. In an effort to further gamify your training and distract you from the banality of the indoor trainer, Zwift has launched their latest expansion world, New York City.
In addition to the glass roadway, there are also plenty of recognizable landmarks like Central Park, the Guggenheim, the Met, El Dorado Hotel, and Tavern on the Green.
The update is live now, so boot up and give the new world a spin. Or wait a week if you’re in Denver, because riding weather reprieve is on the menu. Zwift will be hosting a virtual Tour of New York starting October 23rd, with a five stage event to show off the new world. Finish all five stages and you’ll unlock an exclusive in-game kit.
Zwift New York’s 10 New Routes
- RISING EMPIRE – 12.9 miles // 1234 ft.
Hit the KOM in both directions on this climber’s course
- PARK PERIMETER LOOP – 6.0 miles // 413 ft.
The outermost loop of the park
- THE HIGHLINE – 6.5 miles // 587 ft.
Ride elevated roads in the skies above Central Park
- LADY LIBERTY – 7.6 miles // 676 ft.
A steep climb up to the KOM before a long lap around the park
- MIGHTY METROPOLITAN – 12.4 miles // 1043 ft.
Traverse most of the park and elevated roads in a meandering loop
- ASTORIA LINE 8 – 7.1 miles // 466 ft.
Named for the first NYC subway line, take a figure 8 path around the park
- KNICKERBOCKER – 13.9 miles // 1198 ft.
This mostly flat route has some grit in it with one trip up the KOM via the steep route
- GRAND CENTRAL CIRCUIT – 4.2 miles // 472 ft.
Circuit course that takes the steep route up and down the KOM with a short loop around the Sprint in between
- EVERYTHING BAGEL – 21.3 miles // 1788 ft.
Hit the Sprint and KOM in both directions on this long, looping route
- THE 6 TRAIN – 4.0 miles // 226 ft.
The shortest route around the park is flat and fast