Three new “afro” hair styles were added to Zwift in today’s update. How there are still no ponytails or long hair options for women, though, escapes me.
The rest of today’s update notes:
Hey Zwifters, a new game update is now available which includes a number of improvements and fixes.
The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App store for iOS and Apple TV soon.
If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download to update and get access to all the latest features.
Large Event Improvements
- We’ve added additional functionality to our event system to accommodate very large events. These changes will be most noticeable on lower end devices.
- Some users may notice differences in the number of bikes/riders they see around them in large events. This is expected and a key part of the changes made to keep frame rates high enough to make the large group rides enjoyable for all users.
- Zwifters riding with a Pace Partner will now see a notification when they are entering or leaving the drops multiplier zone.
- We’ve added steering support for the Wahoo KICKR Bike. Zwifters can steer via the left and right function buttons on the handlebars. Steering is done via a press and hold of a button to steer left or right.
- Steering for the Wahoo KICKR Bike is currently unavailable on Repack Ridge, but will be available in a future update.
- Improvements have been made to the default camera (camera 1) while steering to minimize camera movement while making significant changes in steering angle.
- Steering responsiveness has been improved at higher speeds.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Numerous cycling and running assets (kits, shirts) have been added or updated.
- Fixed a bug that would auto-select gender during account creation.
- Implemented a 10% grade limit for Computrainer devices to resolve issues with sustained climbs above 10%
- Improvements to Bluetooth pairing to reduce the chances of users getting “No Signal” when pairing a device.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Pace Partner survey to overlap other UI when ending a session.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Zwift Academy event filter to remain after Zwift Academy ended.
- Fixed a bug that would cause mobile users to see a notification icon on the Zwift App after closing the game.
If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.
See you in Watopia, Ride On!