Oh, look! Just released this week, the spanking new Specialized Recon ADV Shoes claim to provide all-day comfort both on and off the bike. They even seem to be a promising clipless option for bikepacking. Intrigued? Check them out here…
Meet the newest member of Specialized’s Recon family, the lace-up clipless wonder known as the Specialized Recon ADV. The brand believes that “riding in style is just as important as the actual ride,” and that’s the philosophy behind these all-day shoes. They’re designed for gravel escapades and off-the-bike adventures without sacrificing your pedaling prowess.
These Recon ADV beauties come with a standard two-bolt cleat pattern, a charming lace-up closure, and a TPU mudguard to keep you protected and durable. But wait, there’s more! Specialized has graciously provided some additional features:
- STRIDE Toe-Flex Technology for impressive toe flex on steep inclines and better walkability
- A laser-perforated upper with microfiber backing to manage moisture and keep you feeling fancy
- A TPU mudguard that protects you from pesky stone strikes as you ride or hike confidently
- Pontoons for a stable pedal platform and improved walking experience
- An increased SlipNot rubber tread on the sole, optimized for gravel traction
- The tried-and-true Body Geometry Technology, like the Varus Wedge, ensuring efficient and comfy hip, knee, and foot alignment while riding
The Specialized Recon ADV shoes come in Black, Taupe/Dark Moss Green, and Dusk/Purple Orchid and cost $225 USD. Head over to Specialized.com.