BOULDER, CO (January 5th, 2022) /ENDURANCE SPORTSWIRE/ – Adventure Fit Events will be offering support to the communities impacted by the devastating Marshall Fire by donating a portion of its registration proceeds for the upcoming Old Man Winter Rally on February 6th. They will also be donating on behalf of event volunteer hours and have set up a community Facebook group for athletes to post needs and wants that nearby community members can fulfill when the time is right.
The Old Man Winter Rally will donate $20 from every registration between now and January 12th with the recipient being the Boulder County Wildfire Fund by the Community Foundation serving Boulder County. A trusted philanthropic partner for over 30 years, Community Foundation Boulder County will work closely with the government and nonprofit partners to coordinate, align resources and fill gaps to support those most impacted by the wildfires. Adventure Fit Events will also be donating $20 for every hour volunteered at the Old Man Winter Rally.
“We are absolutely heart-broken at the sheer devastation the Marshall Fire has brought upon our communities,” states Josh Kravetz, founder of Adventure Fit Events. “We’ve all faced challenges over the last few years that we never anticipated with COVID. To have this level of tragedy hit the communities we know, love and live in is a big blow below the belt. We want to give how we can while encouraging folks to connect and share as they can, too.”
Connection in times of crisis can be a positive mental and emotional boost for those impacted by a natural disaster. Every year the Old Man Winter Rally offers a free training series that runs throughout the month of January. “Our training series has always been about community, reconnection and fitness,” says Kravetz. “This year, we’ll continue that trend, but with an increased level of empathy and support. We want to offer our community a chance to get together, decompress, take a break and move your body with a supportive group. Come as you are – even if it’s just for a few minutes at the beginning of the ride or run. If you need gear to participate, we’ll do our best to find it.”
- Saturday, Jan. 8th – Gravel Tempo: Rapha Boulder
- Sunday, Jan. 9th – Gravel 101: Specialized Boulder
- Thursday, Jan. 13th – Run Training: Shoes and Brews Longmont
- Saturday, Jan. 15th – Gravel: Endurance Specialized Boulder
- Saturday, Jan. 22nd – Gravel: Hills Rapha Boulder
- Thursday, Jan. 29th – Gravel Tempo OR Run Training: Ft. Collins
- Saturday, Feb. 5 – Gravel Shake out Ride: Specialized Boulder
- Sunday, Feb. 6th – Old Man Winter Rally: Lyons
The Old Man Winter Rally’s public Facebook group is a virtual version of this type of connection and support. Titled “Rider and Runner Gear Donations for Marshall Fire Victims”, the group is designed to help athletes get back on track with the support of free cycling and running gear. If someone has an item to donate, they just post a photo and description (sizing when applicable) and it’s ready to be claimed down the road.
- Register for the Old Man Winter Rally at oldmanwinterrally.com
- For Old Man Winter Volunteer opportunities, please visit: oldmanwinterally.com/volunteer
- RSVP for the OMW Rally Free Training Series at oldmanwinterrally.com/training
- Join the OMW Rally Rider and Runner Gear Donation Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1119294212231721/