Hunt just released the 60 Limitless Aero Disc the deepest section wheels the brand has ever produced. This release follows from Hunt’s other two wheelsets in its high-performance Limitless range, the road focused 48 Limitless and the gravel specific 42 Limitless.
Hunt 60 Limitless Aero Disc Wheelset
Hunt put a lot of focus on the interface between the tire and wheel to minimize drag causing disruption to the airflow. Hunt achieve this by increasing both the internal (21mm) and external (34mm) rim width to closely match the profile of a 25/28mm tire.
For the 60mm depth, Hunt has used a rounded, but less U-shaped profile compared to its shallower Limitless offerings, to better balance drag with stability.
The wheelset has a claimed weight of 1,669g and a hub pick-up of 7.5°. Unlike a lot of other options out there, Hunt has stuck with hooked rims, so there is full compatibility for both clincher and tubeless tires.
There is also the option for CeramicSpeed bearings which come backed by a 6-year warranty. Regardless of your bearing choices, H_Care lifetime crash replacement comes included.
Hunt 60 Limitless Aero Disc White Paper
The white paper that Hunt has published shows the 60 Limitless came in third for aerodynamic efficiency of the wheels tested. Not bad, considering the fastest wheelset was the Enve 5.6 SES Disc – starting at $2,550 – a full $1000 pricier than Hunt’s new offering.
Hunt 60 Limitless Aero Disc Specs
- MSRP (EZO): $1519
- MSRP (CeramicSpeed): $1859
- Dimensions: 34mm external, 21mm internal
- Weight: 1669g
- Hubs: FastEngage 7.5 hub sprint, with an engagement rate of 7.5°. 20/24-hole. Multi-point pawls, with 48 ratchets within the hub shell. Centre-lock disc.
- Bearings: CeramicSpeed & EZO available
- Spokes: Pillar Elliptical Spokes, PSR Wing 20 14g Straight Pull Black
- Tire compatibility: Tubeless and clincher-ready, optimised for 25-28c, compatible
- Freehub options: Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed, SRAM XD/XDR, Campagnolo 8/9/10/11/12 speed