Garmin updated two of its GPS cycling computer models today with Plus performance to add faster processors and more features.
Updates for the Garmin Edge 1030 Plus
Big additions to the 1030 Plus, over its predecessor which was introduced in 2017, include enhanced ride tracking and sharing features, more training assistance and better onboard maps. Included now are pre-loaded mountain bike trails from the Trailforks App. The 1030 Plus will even alert you to upcoming forks in the trail and show where you are on the trail system, making it easier to navigate the back-country. Back-to-Start, turn-by-turn, and off-course corrections make it easier to stay on track on the smooth stuff too.
1030 Plus Specs
- Dynamic Training Insights
- Training Status
- Suggested Daily Workouts
- Sync Training Plans – Load workouts from Garmin Connect, TrainingPeaks and TrainerRoad.
- Heat & Altitude Acclimation
- ClimbPro – Shows the distance and elevation profile
- Nutrition & Hydration Alerts
- Cycling Dynamics – How bike setup and ride duration affect your performance.
- MTB Dynamics – Captures air time, jump count and jump distance.
- Grit & Flow – Measures route difficulty and how smooth your descending skills are.
- Extended Battery Life – up to 24 hours of continuous GPS tracking.
The Garmin 1030 Plus also adds InReach connectivity, letting the device sync with Garmin’s satellite-based communication devices and maintain a connection to messaging even when you’re out of cell range.
Retail remains at $599 for the 1030 Plus head unit.
Updates for the Garmin Edge 130 Plus
The 130 was originally introduced in 2018 as a small and affordable GPS cycling computer. The Edge 130 offers a small black and white screen and the ability to show essential ride metrics.
The new Edge 130 Plus computer upgrades with many of the same new features as the 1030 Plus but keeps its smaller 1.8″ non-touch screen.
Updates include the new MTB jump and air time tracking, emergency incident detection, mapping, and message alerts.
Retail for the 130 Plus is $199.
More info over at Garmin.com