Grinduro just announced the “Great Grinduro Giveaway” campaign supporting the Siskiyou Outdoor Recreation Alliance. You can support a great cause and have a shot at one of two prize packages. Donate $5 to SORA’s Siskiyou Stewardship Fund and you will be entered to win a gravel or MTB package from EVIL Bikes plus tons of other goodies from the Grinduro partners.
GET TO KNOW SORA!
It all started with a merger of two nonprofit organizations: Mt. Shasta Nordic Ski Organization and Mountain Runners. Siskiyou Outdoor Recreation Alliance (SORA) formed with the aim of gathering the larger community of outdoor recreation nonprofit organizations and initiatives throughout far Northern California into a single alliance. The alliance will serve to amplify the voice of outdoor recreation interests within the region, and support partnerships, policy, and planning related to outdoor recreation and community vitality. Another important aspect of SORA is that with the consolidation of financial and administrative resources, the burden on smaller nonprofits is reduced, resulting in a more sustainable organization. SORA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit.
SORA is proud to be the partner organization for Grinduro California in Mt. Shasta!
SORA advocates for opportunities for all to access outdoor recreation and creates meaningful and responsible connections to the trails, mountains, forests, rivers, lakes, and landscapes of the Shasta-Siskiyou region of Northern California.
- Amplify the dialogue around sustainable outdoor recreation within the region and tell our story at the state and national level
- Create a sustainable entity to maintain vulnerable community outdoor recreation assets
- Leverage expanded outdoor recreation community to improve our collective ability to grown outdoor recreation opportunity and infrastructure
- Combine financial resources to create organizational capacity in support of regional outdoor recreation
- Create cross-cultivation opportunities between partnership organizations, businesses, events, and programs
- Strategic outdoor recreation planning to build community resiliency to grow community vitality and adapt to climate change
- Serve as a hubto convene all outdoor recreation stakeholders