A little background first, the Dads Inside Riding Trainers (DIRT) Indoor Specialists community is comprised of two Zwift Racing Teams (Professional – Indoor Specialist, Amateur – DIRT) and an awesome community of riders that love all things Zwift cycling. It was founded in 2018 by the three DIRT Fathers: Jason Stern, Ken Nowell, and Douglas Mastroianni.
Team DIRT just announced a new community race series running on Zwift which will let all us DIRTers experience stage racing (from our basement training dungeons). It’s all there, pro peloton-style scoring and not on but two individual time trial stages.
Comprising 9 stages, the race will take place across all the Zwift worlds in the game.
Race within the Race
Just like the pro tours, 9 Stage of DIRT has 3 competitions that will run alongside the overall classification:
- Team-Based General Classification: the fastest rider on each team to the finish sets the team’s time, one-man teams count too.
- Individual Points Competition: each intermediate sprint banner gives points for the top 10 riders & flat stage finishes give points for the top 10 riders.
- Individual King of Mountain Competition: Each KOM banner and uphill stage finish gives points.
All race results will be tracked on the ZwiftPower league page.
9 Stages of DIRT Schedule
- Week 1 (Oct 20): New York Park Perimeter Reverse
- Week 2 (Oct 27): Watopia Out and Back Again
- Week 3 (Nov 3): Innsbruck 2018 UCI ITT
- Week 4 (Nov 10): New York Grand Central Circuit
- Week 5 (Nov 17): Richmond Flat Roads
- Week 6 (Nov 24): Watopia Volcano Circuit CCW ITT
- Week 7 (Dec 1): Yorkshire 2019 UCI Reverse
- Week 8 (Dec 8): New York LaGuardia Loop
- Week 9 (Dec 15): London Triple Loops
You can sign up for stage one here.
9 Stage of DIRT Categories
To race you need to select a category. Standard Zwift race categories are used, but there is one cool addition. The E category is added into the mix to give elite and long-distance riders a chance to get in on the fun.
- A: 4-4.59 w/kg
- B: 3.2-3.9 w/kg
- C: 2.5-3.1 w/kg
- D: 1-2.4 w/kg
- E: any w/kg
Everyone follows the same routes but race length and start time will be based on category.