Above: Ultimate Beastmaster Trailer from Sylvester Stallone & Netflix
Netflix is taking on Ninja Warriors with its own competitive obstacle course show and it doesn’t look half bad. Olympic medalists, pro ice climbers, and over one hundred other athletes from all over the planet take on an obstacle course called the Beast. It will test each athlete’s strength, dexterity, and endurance.
Ultimate Beastmaster is the first international competition series of its kind with six customized local versions featuring local languages, competitors and hosts from each competing country. Those countries are: Brazil, Germany, Japan, Mexico, South Korea and the U.S.
Here is where it gets really awesome, the series is produced by Sylvester Stallone. Oh and Dave Broome of that hack fitness show The Biggest Loser. But, Stallone!
The 10-episode event series will feature 108 competitors, 18 from each country, in total. Each hour-long episode will feature 12 competitors, two from each country, who will take their shot at running “The Beast.” At the end of each episode, a ‘Beastmaster’ will be crowned and in the final episode of the season, the nine individual winners from each episode will compete against each other for the chance for one contestant to become the Ultimate Beastmaster.
Now look at this amazing list of Ultimate Beastmaster hosts for each country:
- U.S.: Terry Crews (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” The Ridiculous Six), Charissa Thompson (Extra TV, Fox Sports)
- Brazil: Anderson Silva (former UFC Middleweight Champion), Rafinha Bastos (Comedian, Journalist and TV Personality)
- South Korea: Seo Kyung Suk (Actor, Comedian and TV Host), Park Kyeong Rim (Actress, Comedian and TV Host)
- Mexico: Ines Sainz (Journalist, Sportscaster & TV Host), Luis Ernesto Franco (Actor and Producer)
- Germany: Hans Sarpei (Former Soccer Player, TV Personality), Luke Mockridge (Comedian)
- Japan: Sayaka Akimoto (Actress), Yuji Kondo (Sports Anchor)