The only right way to use Twitter is with Tweetbot until it kills off 3rd-party clients altogether, but we’ll worry about that another day. Today, Tweetbot 5 for iOS was released, and it’s a free upgrade for Tweetbot 4 users.
Tweetbot gets a slick new icon to match the one that came with the Mac update back in April, along with the following:
- GIF support in compose view (Powered by Giphy).
- Redesigned profiles.
- Redesigned tweet status details.
- New iconography.
- Optimized dark theme for OLED displays.
- Support for haptic feedback.
- Auto video playback in the timeline (which can be disabled in the settings).
- Ability to add descriptions to images when composing.
All the updates are great, but the new “Night” theme is really good stuff. Huge improvement.