It’s no secret that Pale Ale is Paul’s favorite beer, and this will be our 4th year collaborating on a custom bike for Sierra Nevada Brewery to show off at Sea Otter and give away to a lucky winner. This year we decided to raise the bar by building up TWO bikes, and using them to help out two of our favorite trail stewardships!
One of these bikes will be used to raise funds for Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship on the West Coast, and the other will be used to raise funds for Pisgah SORBA on the East Coast, both of whom will need major help rebuilding trails after some pretty gnarly natural disasters this summer.
About the bikes: We stripped two Surly Straggler framesets, powdercoated them metallic Pale Ale green, then completed the theme by building them up with custom parts anodized gold (to match the Sierra Nevada banner and wheat) and blue (to match the sky and stream on the label) donated by these awesome companies:
- White Industries cranks, bottom brackets and headsets
- Industry Nine wheels
- King Cage titanium water bottle cages
- Dynaplug tubeless tire repair tools
- PAUL Component disc brakes, stems, seatposts, skewers, and seat collars
- CampAndGoSlow handlebar tape (Western Rattler themed for the SBTS bike, and Eastern Rattler inspired for the Pisgah SORBA bike)
- Yuba Expeditions Downieville Classic saddle
- Dingo Bags custom handlebar and frame bags that just happen to hold a row of Pale Ale cans
If you’d like to help Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship recover and rebuild from all the fires that have been raging through their trail systems this summer, you can head over to their website for a chance to win the 52cm custom Sierra Trail Chaser here:
If you’d like to help Pisgah SORBA recover and rebuild trails and bridges after all the recent flooding, and enter a chance to win the custom 54cm Sierra Trail Chaser, donate here:
This really is an “Everybody Wins” situation, so a huge thank you to all the brands who have kicked in, and everybody who makes a donation, no matter what the size. Cheers!