- 20x higher conductivity than ceramic baking stones.
- Gorgeous crusts, better blistering, and faster cook times.
- Low-friction surface: textured, sanded smooth, seasoned with flaxseed oil.
- Solid steel, unbreakable, guaranteed for life.
- 16″ x 14.25″ x .500″ – 32lbs (Warning: It’s heavy!) Made in USA.
The top and bottom are bead-blasted for texture, sanded smooth by hand, then seasoned with organic flaxseed oil – pizza slides easily when you want to take it off. Finger holes make it much easier to move and reposition, plus you can hang it on a wall. And it’s made in USA with solid premium steel.
Steel Stone is unbreakable and we guaranteed it for life. It will develop a darker patina as you use it and it gets more seasoned. Burnt cheese and spilled tomato sauce will give it character. You can also try using it cold – put some dry ice underneath and make ice cream directly on top.
Care. Treat the steel like you just like would a cast iron pan. Make sure it is dry after use, and don’t store it in a humid environment, or it will rust. If any rust does develop, you can get rid of it with some wet steel wool or a scouring pad. To re-season the steel, clean it first and scrap of anything stuck to it with a metal spatula or scraper, then wipe on some oil (we recommend fresh flaxseed oil because of it’s high smoke point). Wipe the oil off with a paper towel (enough will be left behind in the pores of the metal) and let it bake at 400F for an hour.