Fairlight Cycles just announced version 2 of their Faran adventure rig, which looks to be an incredibly versatile bikepacking rig. The new Fairlight Faran 2.0 features, updated geometry that balances unloaded agility and loaded stability, huge tire clearance, tons of mounts and internal dynamo routing.
The Faran’s Reynolds steel frame is made in Europe from selected and custom formed tubing. Fairlight offers a total of 10 size options in a full run of regular and tall selection running from 51cm to 61cm sizes.
Complete pricing rages from £1,999 ($2,620) for a Shimano GRX 600 build to £3,249 ($4,255) for Shimano GRX 800 DI2 build. Framesets are available for £899 ($1,180) which seems like an absolute steal.
FAIRLIGHT CYCLES FARAN 2.0 FRAMESET TECH, SPEC AND COMPATABILITY
- Tubes made in Birmingham, England. Frames hand-built in mainland Europe.
- Reynolds 631 bulg butted seat tube for 27.2 post.
- Relieved and machined 4130 headtube.
- Custom butted and formed Reynolds 631/631-DZB front triangle.
- Custom 0.8/0.5./0.8 Reynolds 631 top tube. 20 x 30mm oval.
- Custom 1.0/0.8/0.5/0.8 Reynolds 631 Gravel DZB (double zonal butted) down tube. 30 x 40mm bi-oval.
- Custom formed 4130 rear end. 19mm round chainstays @ 0.9mm wall thickness.
- Custom shaped 4130 14mm non-taper seat stays @ 0.8mm wall thickness.
- Faran 2.0 steel fork – 100x12mm thru axle. Flat mount. Mounts for rando rack, lowriders and adventure cages. Internal dynamo wire routing. Mudguard mounts. Dynamo lamp mount.
- Bentley x Fairlight 142x12mm flat-mount dropouts.
- Front and rear Fairlight axles.
- Fairlight 3d printed cable guide.
- Di2 compatible.
- Internal dynamo routing.
- Front and rear mudguard mounts.
- Rear rack mounts
- 3 sets of bottle bosses
- Tyre clearance with 1x (based on actual measured tyre width) – 650 x 58 or 700 x 45
- Tyre clearance with 1x and mudguards – 650×51 or 700×42
- Tyre clearance with 2x – 650 x 58 or 700 x 45
- Tyre clearance with 2x and mudguards – 650 x 48 or 700 x 42
- Note: Tyre heights can vary depending on tread pattern and brand. Rim widths can also have a significant effect on tyre height. As well as this front derailleurs can vary in size. So the above measurements are a guide only. They are based on CAD drawing information and actual physical tests with a range of tyres.
- 68mm threaded BB shell.
- Compatible with 50Tx34T max double or 44T max single.
- 28.6mm band on front derailleur.
- 27.2mm seatpost.
- Maximum 160mm disc rotors front and rear.
- Standard EC34 headsset.