‘Home Wild Home’ is the latest film by Montanus, but it doesn’t tell of an expedition in a remote land like those they made in Patagonia and Iceland. Montanus duo created a sort of tribute in honor of their own land, filming the backyard trails that link their hometown L’Aquila, in central Italy, with the massif of Gran Sasso d’Italia, where highest peaks of Apennine mountains are located.
The Apennine Mountains run nearly the full length of Italy, north to south. The rugged terrain is a relatively quick getaway for much of the country. A fact apparent in this short film as the riders quickly travel from their hometown of L’Aquila, and are soon in the mountains.
The bikes ridden in the film are the new Corvid Corax, the result of collaboration between Corvid Cycles and Montanus. Corax is a titanium 29”/27.5+ bikepacking rig, handmade in Colorado and specifically built for adventure.
Francesco and Giorgio packed a light and minimalist kit for their adventure to ease handling over the rough and technical singletrack. The setup includes a Revelate Designs Pronghorn system and the Vole seatbag along with the Ranger frame bag, Mag-tank, and Egress pocket.
- Sleeping bag: Therm-A-Rest HYPERION 32F/0C°
- Mattress: Therm-A-Rest NeoAir UberLite
- Tarp: Homemade tarp
- Stove: MSR PocketRocket Deluxe
- Cup: MSR Titan cup
- Cutlery: MSR Titan Fork and Spoon
- Knife: Helle Alden
- Straps: Voile Straps
- Headlamp: Black Diamond Spot 325
- Camera 1: Sony RX100 MKVI 24-200mm f/2.8-f/4.5
- Gimbal camera 1: Feiyu G6 Plus
- Lens filter camera1: Mag Filter CPL 42mm
- Camera 2: Canon EOS 100D
- Primary Lens: Canon EF-S 60 mm F2.8 USM Macro
- Spare Lens: Canon EF-S 24 mm F/2.8 STM
- GoPro: Hero 5 Black
- GoPro lens filter: Polar Pro CINEMA SERIES / Shutter collection / ND8 – ND16 – ND32
- GoPro Gimbal: Feiyu Tech WG2X
- Drone: DJI Mavic Air
- Drone camera lens filter: Polar Pro CINEMA SERIES / Limited collection / ND32 – ND64 –
- ND32/PL – ND64/PL
- Microphone 1: RØDE VideoMic Pro
- Microphone 2: RØDE Lavalier GO
- Camera slider: Grip Gear Movie Maker 2
- Tripod 1: SIRUI T-025SK Carbon Fiber
- Tripod 2: JOBY GorillaPod 1K