Kona first released the Libre and Libre DL gravel bikes in 2018, for 2020 the line is getting kitted out with 650b x 47mm tires and a new 2×11 Shimano GRX drivetrain. Both models retain everything that makes them favorites in the gravel arena; great builds, tons of mounts, and a riding position carefully balanced between comfort and performance.
The 2018 Libre DL came specced with a SRAM Force 1Ã—11 drivetrain, Easton 70AX wheelset, and WTB Riddler 700x45c tires. The 2020 Kona Libre DL is now kitted out with 24mm internal width Easton 70AX wheels with WTB Venture 650b x 47c tires. Kona also moved away from the 1x drivetrain and has optioned Shimano’s new 2Ã—11 GRX groupset.
The Kona Libre DL also comes with a slick new paint job, Kona calls it “Gloss Prism Rust-Purple”. Retail price stays firm for 2020, the Kona Libre DL is your for $3,999.
2020 Kona Libre DL Specs
- Frame: Kona Race Light Carbon
- Fork: Kona Verso Full Carbon Flat Mount Disc
- Seatpost: RaceFace Next Carbon
- Headset: FSA No.42ACB
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Press Fit
- Brakes: Shimano GRX 810 160mm front / 160mm rear
- Shifter: Shimano GRX 810
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano GRX 810
- Front Derailleur: Shimano GRX 810
- Cassette: Shimano 105 11-34t 11spd
- Crankset: Shimano GRX 810, 31/48t
- Chain: Shimano Ultegra
- Front Hub: Easton EA 70AX 100x12mm
- Rear Hub: Easton EA 70AX 142x12mm
- Rims: Easton EA 70AX
- Tires: WTB Venture TCS DUAL 650x47c
- Handlebar: Easton EC70AX
- Saddle: WTB SL8 Pro
- Stem: Easton EA90
The 2020 Kona Libre
The 2020 Kona Libre, a step below the DL, also gets fresh paint and a new spec. You get the same carbon frame and WTB KOM Light Team i25 wheels, a SRAM Rival drivetrain, and 700x45c WTB Riddler tires fill out the build. The Libre retails for $2,999.
More info at KonaWorld —>