Kona first released the Libre and Libre DL gravel bikes in 2018, for 2020 the line is getting kitted out with 650b x 47mm tires and a new 2×11 Shimano GRX drivetrain. Both models retain everything that makes them favorites in the gravel arena; great builds, tons of mounts, and a riding position carefully balanced between comfort and performance.
The 2018 Libre DL came specced with a SRAM Force 1×11 drivetrain, Easton 70AX wheelset, and WTB Riddler 700x45c tires. The 2020 Kona Libre DL is now kitted out with 24mm internal width Easton 70AX wheels with WTB Venture 650b x 47c tires. Kona also moved away from the 1x drivetrain and has optioned Shimano’s new 2×11 GRX groupset.
The Kona Libre DL also comes with a slick new paint job, Kona calls it “Gloss Prism Rust-Purple”. Retail price stays firm for 2020, the Kona Libre DL is your for $3,999.
2020 Kona Libre DL Specs
- Frame: Kona Race Light Carbon
- Fork: Kona Verso Full Carbon Flat Mount Disc
- Seatpost: RaceFace Next Carbon
- Headset: FSA No.42ACB
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Press Fit
- Brakes: Shimano GRX 810 160mm front / 160mm rear
- Shifter: Shimano GRX 810
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano GRX 810
- Front Derailleur: Shimano GRX 810
- Cassette: Shimano 105 11-34t 11spd
- Crankset: Shimano GRX 810, 31/48t
- Chain: Shimano Ultegra
- Front Hub: Easton EA 70AX 100x12mm
- Rear Hub: Easton EA 70AX 142x12mm
- Rims: Easton EA 70AX
- Tires: WTB Venture TCS DUAL 650x47c
- Handlebar: Easton EC70AX
- Saddle: WTB SL8 Pro
- Stem: Easton EA90
The 2020 Kona Libre
The 2020 Kona Libre, a step below the DL, also gets fresh paint and a new spec. You get the same carbon frame and WTB KOM Light Team i25 wheels, a SRAM Rival drivetrain, and 700x45c WTB Riddler tires fill out the build. The Libre retails for $2,999.
More info at KonaWorld —>